Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bear Lake Classic Bike Race


The day was perfect for a bike race.  I was totally feeding off of the energy of the cyclists.  My event contact instructed me to focus on the cat 1-2 guys, which was awesome. I love these shots!!  My biggest regret was the inability to split myself and cover more locations around the lake.  The intense looks on their faces as they sprinted towards the finsh line made the whole day worthwhile.  It made me want to run out and purchase a 400mm lens..(.maybe when I make it big as a sports photographer:)

Just as the cat 3 guys were crossing the finish line, my card freaked out on me.  I've never experienced a card crashing, it was a terrible feeling.  I'd been been shooting for over 3 hours and had visions of losing all of the data.  I finished to shoot with a regular speed card, cursing it's turtle-like tendancies. After the tears and the anxiety (ok, i'm not a teary person, but there was anxiety), I ran to Logan Computers in the Cache Valley Mall.  It took awhile, but they salvaged my images, I have no idea what went wrong, and haven't tried the card since.  Logan Computers earns a big shout out and thanks.  They got me right in on a Saturday evening and saved my first real attempt at sports photography.  You can view all of the images at: http://milestonephotography.smugmug.com/Other

No comments:

Post a Comment