Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hailstorm

     This senior portrait started out like any other...stress about the perfect location, weather worries, etc.  There was a storm moving in, but I spoke with the client, and we decided to go for it anyway.  After about an hour of shooting the wind really picked up...REALLY.  I decided it was time to end and start the trek back to the vehicles.  Just after we passed by the easily accesible train cars there was a conversation that went a little something like this:
Super-cool fellow photog and assistant'" what's that noise?"
Naive and in denial, fearless leader (aka, me), " I think it's just the rain..."
Previously mentioned super-cool assistant,"it's REALLY loud!"
Me, no longer in denial,"  It's not rain, it's hail, quick, find an open traincar!!!"
     After being pelted with dime sized hail (which really hurts), we found an open traincar, climbed inside and took cover.  The storm was brief, and, as a photgrapher, I couldn't pass up on Hali scooping up a handful of hailballs and snapping a quick shot before trying to beat the next wave back to the cars.


Fortunately we were all thrilled at the new level of extreme photgraphy (ok, I'm not really speaking for the others, but they laughed about it...), and I got some great images.

No comments:

Post a Comment